Photo: Dragging Along, Cheddar
© David Pickford

Tuesday 10 May 2011

A Week in the Peak

I'd rushed back from Spain because the heat was getting to me, I was feeling low about Woody's death and also missing my baby. I winded up spending a few days at Tricia's parents' house: they are very hospitable but they live in Bedfordshire and it's very flat. I think I need hills or mountains around to walk or climb up or I start to get itchy feet. So I proposed to Tricia that we should go and spend a few days in our old trusty van - just like old times. There's something about staying in our van that has always made us both feel really happy (apart from the time in North Wales when I locked her in the back because she was annoying me – I'd just scrapped another car and she wasn't too pleased – it was the kinder surprise's fault).

The weather was glorious so we headed up to the Peak.

I re-visited some places I hadn't been to in years with some old friends. It was pretty sunny so at times really relaxing, but as the clip below shows being a climbing dad can be quite challenging. I've never really liked Tricia's singing but Ciara loves it. Usually a few songs in Tricia's angleic tones will settle her down...but not on this occasion...




Heatwave at Raven Tor

No comments:

Post a Comment